Welcome to the Guernsey Yacht Club
The Club House is nestled below the iconic Castle Cornet to its North West and lies directly ahead and to the South West, as you enter the main harbour of St Peter Port. It is located at the East end of the Castle Emplacement. For visitors using satnav to find us, the postcode is GY1 1AU.
The Club House has been extended over the years with the last major development in 2009. The main body of the club sits around a World War II German bunker that now houses the clubs cellars.
Members, their guests and visiting yachtsmen can enjoy panoramic views to the south, where the historic Castle Cornet and Havelet Bay are in view. To the west lies the beautiful capital of Guernsey, St Peter Port and its harbour. To the north, Alderney and France can be seen nestled on the horizon and to the east, the club’s playground of the Little Russell, Herm and Jethou are waiting to be explored.
The Club House advertises normal summer opening hours (April to September) as Monday to Sunday 10.00 – 23.45. However, the club is normally open from 08.00, and all facilities can be accessed. Winter hours are (October – March) Saturday to Thursday 10.00 – 20.00 (except for functions) and Friday 10.00 – 22.30.
The Club boasts three bars and extensive panoramic balconies to enjoy morning coffee, lunches, afternoon tea and cakes or a drink to watch the sun setting behind the backdrop of the town of St Peter Port.
Lunch is served Monday to Sunday 12.00 – 14.00.
Morning coffee, afternoon tea and cakes are available all year.
Evening bar meals are ordinarily available on Fridays and other evenings as advertised from time to time.
Our rooms can accommodate up to 120 people, and all have their own bars. The Commodore’s Room overlooking the Harbour entrance can seat up to 40 for a sit-down meal or more for a standing buffet.
Members can request exclusive use of some of the Club’s facilities for private functions subject to availability.
The hospitality staff can provide in-house food for all types of functions from light finger buffets to gourmet meals. For information on room hire and functions, please email the Functions and Events Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or call 725342.
Showers are available throughout the year as are baby changing facilities.
There is limited parking on site; however, a large number of free, three-hour public spaces are available adjacent to the club.
Our Autumn ~ Winter 2018/19 Club House Menu
- £8.50 Beer battered cod – petit pois – tartar – lemon
- £8.50 Whole tail breaded scampi – petit pois - tartar – lemon
- £7.50 Home cooked ham – fried egg - salad
- £7.50 Porky’s sausages – fried egg – petit pois
- £8.95 Pot pie of the day – fresh vegetable and gravy
- £8.25 Seasonal beef burger – fried onions and bacon – Emmental and Jack cheese – screaming BBQ sauce
- £8.75 Southern fried chicken burger – cheese slaw – onion rings - cajun mayo - iceberg
All of the above are served with either; chunky chips - skinny fries - new or mashed potatoes
- £7.75 Porky’s sausages – mashed potato - onion gravy – carrots
- £8.00 Club salad – chicken, bacon, tomato, lettuce, boiled egg, croutons - light house dressing mayonnaise
- £10.95 Prawn & cold hot-smoked salmon salad – new potatoes - Marie Rose sauce
- £7.50 Mushroom, spinach and herb risotto - vegie parmesan - rocket pesto (v) (n)
Side Orders - All £2.50
- Skinny fries
- Onion rings
- Chunky chips
- Garlic bread
- Fresh bread basket
Side Orders - All £1.75
- House salad
- Baked beans
Served with salad and crisps white or granary bread
- £7.95 Picked Crab + lemon mayo
- £6.95 Cold Hot-smoked salmon flakes + cream cheese
- £6.95 Prawn + Marie Rose
- £6.95 Cold cut roast beef
- £4.95 Home cooked ham
- £4.95 Tuna mayo
- £4.25 Guernsey mature cheese + Branston Pickle
- £4.25 Free range egg + mayo
- £3.00 Three rashers bacon (no salad/crisps)
- £4.50 Breakfast (sausage, bacon, fried egg) (no salad/crisps)
Served with salad and fries
- £9.00 Chargrilled steak + ale onions
- £7.50 Hot-smoked salmon + cream cheese
- £6.95 Chicken + bacon + cheese
- £5.50 Ham + cheese
- £5.50 Tuna + mayo + onion
- £5.50 Brie + bacon
- £4.50 Brie + cranberry (v)
- £4.50 Cheese + tomato + pesto (v) (n)
Children’s Menu - £5.00
With beans, peas or salad
- Hotdog in a soft bun with fries
- Cheese burger – chips
- Chicken nuggets – chips
- Gougons of fish – chips – tartar sauce
Please see the board for today’s specials
If you have any special dietary requirements, please inform your order taker. For desserts please see separate menu.